Park Equipment Operator - City of Plano
JOB ID 217229
JOB ID 217229
Pay Range: Minimum $15.825326 to Maximum $ 22.947983
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Operates light and/or heavy equipment required in the upkeep and operation of the areas of responsibility.
· Inspects and maintains assigned equipment.
· Performs various construction, routine maintenance and labor tasks.
· Mows and edges turf; trims and prunes trees and shrubs; removes brush and debris; mulches landscape beds and trees.
· May paint lines and set up sporting equipment to include goal posts, nets, and screens depending on area of assignment.
· Ensures conditions are safe in the area where work is performed; selects most appropriate working routine.
· May lead the work activities of others.
· Responsible for the proper maintenance and upkeep of assigned sites.
· Inspecting assigned equipment to ensure it is in operable condition.
· Identifying and eliminating potential safety hazards.
· Use of safe work methods and safety equipment.
· Operating equipment within the guidelines of the appropriate Operator’s Manual.
· Determine proper methods of maintenance and repair for each project.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
Knowledge of: Operation and maintenance of equipment; routine construction, repair and maintenance methods; basic safety standards; landscaping maintenance.
Skill in: Communicating clearly both verbally and in writing; operating light and/or heavy equipment used in the construction, maintenance, and repair of assigned functional operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
· One (1) year of previous landscaping or construction experience which involved the operation of specialized equipment.
Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
· Texas Class A Commercial driver’s license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must possess mobility to work in and around City buildings, parks, and facilities, to operate a motor vehicle and drive on surface streets; strength, stamina, and mobility to perform light to medium physical work and around machines, and to operate varied hand and power tools and specialized equipment; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone or radio. The job involves fieldwork requiring frequent walking in operational areas to identify problems or hazards. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate above-mentioned tools and equipment. Positions in this classification bend, stoop, kneel, and reach when completing maintenance, repairs, and various daily tasks. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 80 pounds, or heavier weights with the use of proper equipment.
Employees work in and around buildings and facilities and are exposed to constant noise, cold and hot temperatures, temperature swings, inclement weather conditions, dust, mechanical hazards, and hazardous odors and fumes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required. The position also requires meeting the essential requirements of the Physical Demands and Working Conditions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
To Apply: https://www.plano.gov/585/Employment