Tuesday, November 15, 2016
Tuesday, August 2, 2016
Responsible for managing the supervision of athletics turf, grounds operations and improvement initiatives including, but not limited to athletic field preparation and management and maintenance of supporting facilities.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Supervision of maintenance, repair, and scheduling of athletic fields which includes natural grass and synthetic surfaces and related irrigation systems
- Provides support to the Sr. Grounds Manager in oversight of the maintenance and repair of athletic field-related equipment and providing professional expertise, assessment, advisement in the purchasing of products and services
- Manages renovation, maintenance, and repair of athletics fields in cooperation with internal entities and/or contractors
- Prepares annual budgets for the maintenance and capital improvements of fields in accordance with the masterplan
- Assists with interviewing, hiring, training, directing and supervising a staff of employees for the purpose of maintaining the athletic fields.
- Communicates with grounds leadership, grounds team members and client athletic personnel/management (i.e., coaches, players, spectators, Athletic Director and his designated appointees, etc.), as required.
- Keeps accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory, scheduling, maintenance procedures, chemical applications, etc.
- Plans maintenance and project work to achieve the agreed upon maintenance standards, and oversees training, scheduling, and deploying of personnel
- Participates in departmental planning events
- Assists Sr. Grounds Manager in specifying and purchasing of equipment and necessary supplies/materials to maintain the athletic fields
- Manages inventory and oversees preventative equipment maintenance and replacement programs
- Approves all expenditures and exercises costs control measures to keep operating and capital expenses in line with the approved budgets
- Maintain campus in compliance with all applicable OSHA, EPA, and other local, state and federal statutes and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in appropriate field with 2-3 years of technical experience in the appropriate facility services environment is required.
- Technical knowledge of grounds equipment, chemicals, mowing, trees, shrubs, and flower maintenance procedures is also required.
- Experience directing skilled, semi-skilled and non-skilled trade personnel in a union and/or non-union environment and the ability to oversee capital projects, landscape plans, and funding requests are required.
- Strong financial analysis, P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is preferred.
Wednesday, July 13, 2016
Company: Big League Dreams USA
Location: League City, TX 77573
Job Type: Full Time
Years of Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Career Level: Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Sports Turf Manager
About the Job
Big League Dreams Sports Parks, the premier developer and operator of recreational sports complexes, has an opening for a Director of Maintenance at our League City, Texas location. This full-time position requires the ability to work nights and weekends.
Successful candidates will possess skills in :
* Sports turf management.
* Facilities maintenance and repair.
* Small equipment repair.
* Staff management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Two or more years of experience with the above captioned duties and responsibilities.
* Excellent communication, computer and written skills.
To Apply: email@example.com