Sports Field Solutions
2nd Assistant (Athletic Fields)
Description: Sports Field Solutions at UT- San Antonio have one 2nd Assistant position available for full time employment. Applicants with turf management degrees are preferred as well as those with previous baseball/softball field maintenance experience. This position is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual who is eager to learn all facets of maintaining high quality playing surfaces. This position may require working long hours, nights and weekends. This position is responsible for maintaining playing fields, clay areas, and common areas at the facility to ensure a safe and competitive playing surface that exceeds NCAA Division I standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare, maintain and restore grounds within assigned field as directed, including any and all activities or tasks fundamental to baseball/softball field care.
· Recognize, prioritize, and implement best course of action practices in all aspects of field preparation.
· Maintain all clay areas including: infield skin, mounds, home plate and warning track
· Report/address field issues such as turf stress, disease, irrigation problems, etc.
· Monitor, report, and resolve irrigation issues, problems and/or concerns on assigned field complex.
· Operate powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, sprayers and sod cutters.
· Assist with tarp handling and inclement weather situations
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Candidates must be recently graduated from a turf management or horticultural program. Grounds-related experience may be considered in lieu.
· Take pride in the quality of your work and work ethic
· Able to lift, carry and transport up to 50lbs and stand and work for long periods of time, including nights, weekends and holidays.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality
· Able to work independently and under stressful and fast paced, changing circumstances
· Prompt, reliable, helpful, alert and observant
· Self-motivated and possess a desire to learn
· Must be humble, hungry, and smart
Competitive salary plus benefits.
If interested, please contact Brannon Burks at email@example.com
Please include three professional references to be considered for the position.