Responsible for managing the supervision of athletics turf, grounds operations and improvement initiatives including, but not limited to athletic field preparation and management and maintenance of supporting facilities.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Supervision of maintenance, repair, and scheduling of athletic fields which includes natural grass and synthetic surfaces and related irrigation systems
- Provides support to the Sr. Grounds Manager in oversight of the maintenance and repair of athletic field-related equipment and providing professional expertise, assessment, advisement in the purchasing of products and services
- Manages renovation, maintenance, and repair of athletics fields in cooperation with internal entities and/or contractors
- Prepares annual budgets for the maintenance and capital improvements of fields in accordance with the masterplan
- Assists with interviewing, hiring, training, directing and supervising a staff of employees for the purpose of maintaining the athletic fields.
- Communicates with grounds leadership, grounds team members and client athletic personnel/management (i.e., coaches, players, spectators, Athletic Director and his designated appointees, etc.), as required.
- Keeps accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory, scheduling, maintenance procedures, chemical applications, etc.
- Plans maintenance and project work to achieve the agreed upon maintenance standards, and oversees training, scheduling, and deploying of personnel
- Participates in departmental planning events
- Assists Sr. Grounds Manager in specifying and purchasing of equipment and necessary supplies/materials to maintain the athletic fields
- Manages inventory and oversees preventative equipment maintenance and replacement programs
- Approves all expenditures and exercises costs control measures to keep operating and capital expenses in line with the approved budgets
- Maintain campus in compliance with all applicable OSHA, EPA, and other local, state and federal statutes and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in appropriate field with 2-3 years of technical experience in the appropriate facility services environment is required.
- Technical knowledge of grounds equipment, chemicals, mowing, trees, shrubs, and flower maintenance procedures is also required.
- Experience directing skilled, semi-skilled and non-skilled trade personnel in a union and/or non-union environment and the ability to oversee capital projects, landscape plans, and funding requests are required.
- Strong financial analysis, P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is preferred.