Groundskeeper position with Spurs Sports & Entertainment in San Antonio, TX. The groundskeeper is responsible for performing maintenance and landscaping duties for Toyota Field and STAR Soccer Complex. Maintain athletic fields to include field lining/painting, turf maintenance, and weed control. Inspect irrigation system regularly to ensure it is working properly, repair as needed. Support in scheduling/applying fertilizer applications, nutrient applications, and any turf program as needed. Assist in set-up and tear-down of events at the STAR Complex and Toyota Field.
- Facility Maintenance- Assist management with Turf and Landscaping Operations maintenance and ensure all facilities throughout the complex are in good repair and operating safely and efficiently.
- Fan Experience - Coordinate and maintain a standard of quality customer service consistent with SS&E Family standards. Handle concerns effectively and positively. Problem solve and overcome barriers to provide superior customer service.
- Perform additional duties as required by senior leadership.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Turf and Landscaping at large complexes, recreations centers and or golf courses. This includes, but not limited to turf grass management and sprigging, sod cutting and installation, irrigation management, mowing, trimming and use of blowers and fertilizing with a walk-behind fertilizer.
- 2-3 years’ experience with diverse maintenance responsibilities, including building upkeep.
- 1-2 years ‘experience field marking and logo painting
- Working knowledge of warm season grasses.
- Basic knowledge of Irrigation systems.
- Highly proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills a must.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors 90-95%.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid Texas driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to pass a standard background screening.
- Must obtain Texas Pesticide Applicators license within 180 days of employment.
Please apply online at http://www.attcenter.com/connect/career-opportunities
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.